Hey guys! I always wanted to cook tofu so I decided to try out a cool recipe. Remember this is my FIRST time so please don’t judge me too much! LOL! Thanks! =)
Let’s get into it:
-16 oz firm tofu
-1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I used canola oil)
-2 stalks of scallions (I didn’t have these)
-1/2 tsp cornstarch (or flour) mixed with 1 tbsp water
-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
-1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (canola oil)
-2 tsp honey
-1/2 tsp rosemary (finely chopped)
-1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Drain tofu and wrap in paper towel. Put wrapped tofu on plate and place something heavy (like a cast iron skillet, books, etc) on top of block of tofu for about 10-15 minutes to help remove the excess water.
2. Once drained, cut tofu into bite sized cubes and put into ziplock bag.
3. Mix all marinade ingredients together and set aside half of the marinade to be used for later. Pour other half of marinade in ziplock bag and gently massage the marinade into the tofu until each piece is evenly coated. Marinade for 30 minutes and drain. (I decided to marinade mine 1 day before for a richer flavor).
4. Add oil in a pan over high heat and add tofu pieces. Fry on each side until golden brown for 1-2 minutes per side.
6. Turn off the heat and transfer to a plate. Top with scallions and eat up!