I had to run a few errands this morning and had a craving for something super healthy lol.
So I found that awesome juice bar called Juices For Life and I ordered a drink called “Revive”.
It’s made of carrots, ginger, beets, and grape ginger. It was so good and had a nice bite of spice from the ginger (which is my fav!). It’s just what I needed to give me energy this morning to run around the city! =D
What do you prefer, Do you fruit smoothies or freshly made juices? Or both?!
So last weekend I decided to try out 2 new recipes that my friend provided for me!
The first is Chicken Tikka Masala! I used boneless chicken breasts and cut them into cubes. I seasoned them with garlic powder, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and basil. But what made the dish were the 2 sauces that were added!
The sauces were Tikka Masala Simmer sauce and Mango Ginger Chutney sauce! You can get both of these sauces from Trader Joes. They both smell so delicious on their own! I used about a cup of masala sauce and about 1/4 cup of the mango chutney sauce.
I cooked the chicken in a medium sauce pan until no more pink was visible. Then I added the sauces into the pan and mixed everything together. I covered the pan and let all the flavors simmer together on low heat for about 5-7 minutes. Once done cooking, I served over white rice, squeezed a little lime juice on top and garnished with fresh parsley.
The next recipe is for Thyme & Parsley Roasted Carrots! I shaved about 3-4 carrots and cut them in half. I seasoned them with salt and pepper and tossed them in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. I organized them on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Once the carrots were tender and began to get a little charred, I removed them from the oven. I tossed the roasted carrots in fresh thyme and parsley and squeezed juice from half of a lime over them. And that’s it! They’re ready to eat!
I actually didn’t have all the ingredients from my friend’s recipe so I improvised and it still turned out really tasty! Here is my friend’s recipe if you wanted it give it a try!
Lately I’ve been trying to include more vegetables in my diet to live a healthier lifestyle. Here’s the recipe for the Asian Flavored Chicken and Veggie Dish!
1 teaspoon olive oil or sesame oil
4 cloves minced garlic
1 inch knob of grated ginger
2 small beets
1/2 red pepper
1 large handful of portabella mushrooms (you can use any mushrooms you have)
1/2 cup of a white onions
2 carrot stalks peeled
2 boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized chunks
1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup Peanut sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground pepper
(You can use any spices of your choice)
2 cups of cooked white rice can be set aside
1. Chop all vegetables into bite sized chunks and set aside
2. In a large non stick pan, heal oil over medium heat and add garlic and onions. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes until onions become transparent
3. Add beets, red pepper, mushrooms, carrots and a small amount of teriyaki sauce to the pan and mix together with garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes
4. Add in chicken breast chunks, season everything in pan with salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper, add grated ginger and mix together. Cover with lid and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
5. Add the rest of the teriyaki sauce and peanut sauce to the pan. Mix everything together and cover with lid. Let simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
6. Serve over white rice and add scallions and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
There you have it! A healthy easy meal that taste delicious!!! 😋