I decided to make my own Flaxseed gel after watching YouTube Guru, Naptural85’s tutorial!
Benefits of Flaxseed Gel:
-Leaves hair soft, shiny, and moisturized
-Promotes hair growth
-Nourishing for the hair since flaxseeds are rich in omega 3 fatty acids
-Gives curly hair great definition
-Gives your hair a nice hold with out drying it out or leaving your hair crunchy
–Mixes well with oils, conditioners, many other products
-Great for all hair types
–All natural product
For this recipe, you will need:
–Whole Flaxseeds (not grounded)
-Medium sized pot
-cheese cloth or panty hose
-container to store the gel
1. Fill pot with about 2 cups of water.
2. Add in about 1/4 cup of whole flaxseeds and stir so all the seeds are in the water.
3. Bring pot to a boil and then stir. Let boil for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. When you stir, you are looking for the gel to stick to the spoon after stirring it and lifting the spoon to see the “gel trail”.
5. Once you have the “gel trail”, turn off heat and let gel sit for about 40 minutes – 1 hour. Mine sat for about 45 minutes.
6. Put panty hose or cheese cloth over a container. Pour gel into the panty hose/cheese cloth, then squeeze out the gel into the container. Be careful because it gets messy!
7. Store in a container in your refrigerator so to lengthen its shelf life.
And that’s it! Now you have your own gel that’s moisturizing and healthy for your hair! =)