1. Pringles had a lawsuit trying to prove that they weren’t really potato chips.
2. Consuming dairy may cause acne!
3. Store bought 100% “real” orange juice is 100% artificially flavored.
4. The tea bag was created by accident. Tea bags were originally sent as samples.
5. Ranch dressing contains titanium dioxide, which is used to make it appear whiter. The same ingredient is used in sunscreen and paint for the same effect!
6. Ketchup was used as a medicine in the 1800s to treat diarrhea, as well as other things.
7. Eating bananas can help fight depression!
8. The reason peppers taste spicy is because of a chemical compound, capsaicin, which binds to your sensory nerves and tricks them into thinking your mouth is actually being burned!
9. The origin of the twists in pretzels were made to look like arms crossed in prayer.
10. Castoreum, used as vanilla flavoring in candies, baked goods, etc. is a secretion from the anal glands of beavers! 😳
Which food facts were surprising to you?!
We’re there any facts that’s you already knew about?
Daily Prompt – Spicy