I wanted to make something different for dinner last night. So I ended up making crab legs!
I’ve never made them before so I got an easy recipe from Pinterest on how to prepare them. Along with the crab legs, I also made shrimp pasta in a garlic lemon butter sauce, corn on the cob, and garlic bread!
It was a messy dinner with cracking all the crabs but it was fun haha and tasty too!
Have you made crab legs before? If so, how do you prepare them? Let me know in the comments!
Hey guys so I love eating salmon and wanted to try out a different recipe this time around. I decided to make Honey Mustard Salmon!
-3 cloves garlic (chopped or minced)
-red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Rinse off salmon with cool water and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with seasonings.
2. In a bowl, mix Dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce, and garlic all together and set aside. I didn’t use exact measurements and kind of eyeballed how much to use.
3. Use medium skillet and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook salmon skin side down on medium heat. Cover skillet and let cook for about 3-4 minutes.
4. Use spatula to flip salmon over. Glaze the salmon with some of the honey mustard mixture and cover. Save the rest of the mixture for later. Turn on low heat and let cook for about 2-3 more minutes. Make sure to watch closely.
5. Once salmon is done cooking, glaze again with remaining honey mustard mixture.
6. Top with chives and red pepper flakes (optional) and enjoy your salmon with a side of white or brown rice!
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turned out! 😊
My husband’s birthday was on June 30th and he finally hit the big 3-0! We had a fun filled weekend!
JUNE 30 – FRIDAY
We had breakfast at a local spot in the South Bronx. We were running a few errands in the area before heading to Mountain Creek Waterpark!
My cousins and friends had come into town and my mother n law was super nice to cook us all dinner that night. We had baked ziti, baked chicken, rice and beans, and garlic bread. It was so delicious! And we sung Happy Birthday to the birthday guy!
JULY 1 – SATURDAY
Now we’re on our way to Bubba Gump Shrimp in Times Square!
Later that night, I threw a party for Danny and invited our friends and family over!
Our guests were playing beer pong, King’s Cup which is a drinking card game, Head’s Up and other games as well!
My husband wanted pernil (Spanish style pulled pork) so I cooked it for the first time! His mother makes really good pernil so she gave me instructions on how to make it and it turned out amazing! There was no more pernil left haha!
I also made Buffalo Chicken dip for the first time and that was totally fine too so I’m guessing everyone like it!
Sorry that the food pictures look so rough. I took a quick snap shot of everything but I wanted you guys to see all that we had at the party!
Unfortunately I didn’t take any more pictures because I was caught up in the fun!
It was a great weekend and I’m glad that my husband enjoyed his birthday weekend! =)