Hey guys so I picked up a bunch of bok choy from the supermarket. I figured I need to cook with it everyday so it won’t go bad! LOL!
Sunday night for dinner I made Garlic Shrimp with Portabela Mushrooms and Bok Choy over Rice!
2 bok choy (washed off and chopped into 1/2 inch slices)
4 cloves of garlic
1 large handful of chopped portabella mushrooms
1/2 cup of red onions chopped
1 inch knob of fresh ginger
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon of flour
1 teaspoon olive oil or sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red peppers
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1 teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 and 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined (I used frozen shrimp already peeled and deveined)
1. Roughly chop garlic, peel and mince (or grate) ginger and set aside
2. Combine chicken or veggie stock with flour and mix until flour is dissolved. Set aside
3. In a large non stick pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until it starts simmering. Add bok choy and mushrooms spreading into a single layer. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook without moving until it starts to brown at the bottom for 2-3minutes. Stir and cooked until softened for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add crushed red peppers, garlic, ginger, and stir to combine. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
5. Season shrimp on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add shrimp to the vegetables and cook 1-2 minutes per side. Also add red onions at this time.
6. Push all ingredients to outer edges of pan and add veggie stock mixture to the center. Simmer for about 2 minutes until thickened. Stir everything together to combine and coat, then remove pan from heat. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
7. Serve over rice of your choice!
If you try out this recipe, let me know how it goes! 😊