1 Salmon filet
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped cilantro (or dried cilantro)
Garlic pepper or adobo or salt and pepper (you can use you favorite seasoning of choice)
1. Season both sides with your choice seasonings and cilantro.
2. Squeeze juice of half of a lemon on both sides of salmon filet.
3. Put salmon in ziplock bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes. This step is optional but highly recommended for better flavor!
4. Turn oven on to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, wrap salmon in foil, put onto a baking sheet and leave in oven for 10 minutes.
5. Take out of oven and salmon should be a light pink color once it’s done.
6. Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil or butter
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 1/2 cups long grain rice (rinsed twice)
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
1 larger lemon
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley (or dried parsley)
1 tbsp basil seasoning
1. Heat oil or butter over medium heat in a large saucepan or pot.
2. Add chopped garlic and onions. Cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
3. Stir in rice with the garlic and onions.
4. Add chicken broth and water to the rice and stir. Cover pan with a lid and bring to a simmer. Then turn heat on low.
5. Cook for 15 minutes or until water is evaporated.
*If rice is not all the way done at the end of the 15minutes (which happened to me), sprinkle about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water over the rice and mix around a bit. And let cook for about 5 minutes longer.
6. Once rice is fully cooked, remove from stove and let rest for about 5 minutes with lid still on.
7. Stir in the lemon zest, lemon juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
8. Now you can enjoy your delicious Lemon Rice Pilaf that you just made!
This dish was so delicious! And it’s so easy to make!
If you try out this recipe, comment below and let me know how it turned out!
Happy Cooking! =)